Aug 1, 2023
Apr 18, 2021
Before we guide you on how to find the right VASER Liposuction doctor in Singapore, let's learn more about VASER Lipo first.
The first impression is everything, which is why looking good is nestled high on the priority list for many. Unfortunately, there is a possibility that liposuction and body sculpting procedures can go wrong.
Before we guide you on how to find the right Vaser Liposuction doctor in Singapore, let's learn more about Vaser Liposuction first.
Liposuction is a fat removal procedure that everyone is familiar with, but have you heard of Vaser Liposuction?
Vaser Liposuction is a technique that uses ultrasonic energy to break down giant fat cells in deep fat deposits. It delivers ultrasonic energy internally and directly to the targeted fat layers via a probe, liquefying the unwanted fat into a “buttery” consistency. This allows the liposuction doctor to suction the fat out easily while leaving the critical connective tissues relatively undisturbed.
Vaser Liposuction can remove stubborn subcutaneous fat from almost any body part, such as the abdomen, back, waist, thighs, hips, male chest, buttocks, arms, armpits, neck, knees and calves.
Liposuction is strictly regulated in Singapore. Only trained and accredited doctors are permitted to perform liposuction in Singapore. The Ministry Of Health Singapore will issue liposuction licenses to doctors based on strict criteria.
• Ensure that the doctor is accredited and licensed by the Ministry of Health (MOH) Singapore to perform the procedure. Doctors are not allowed to offer liposuction if they do not receive accreditation from MOH.
• Make an effort to find out the doctor's experience in the treatment you seek.
• Ask the doctor for examples of the results of his work. These should be a good indication of what you can expect and a reflection of the doctor's capabilities. The doctor should be able to show you various body regions they have treated.
• Opt for a procedure just because it is cheap or the cheapest option. The intent is to get the most appropriate one done to best suit your needs without incurring unnecessary risks to your health and well-being.
• Be afraid or shy to ask the doctor any questions. These include in regards to treatment options that may be available. Your doctor should be able to alleviate your concerns and worries.
• Have unrealistic expectations. Everyone is unique, and each need must be addressed and met as realistically as possible. Discuss your goals and keep an open mind regarding what can and cannot be achieved.
• A critical point that can never be reiterated enough is to discuss matters in regard to your goals and needs with the doctor. Also, raise any concerns, including the risks involved, cost and benefits. You should feel assured because comfort and safety matter.
Dr Ivan Puah is an accredited liposuction doctor in Singapore with over 17 years of body sculpting experience. He has completed fundamental and advanced body sculpting surgical training conducted by Dr John Millard and Dr Alfredo Hoyos. These two plastic surgeons were the ones who developed *VASER (an acronym for Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance) Liposuction, a liposuction technique with the assistance of ultrasound waves, to break up and liquefy fat cells, making them for easier extraction.
Dr Ivan Puah is certified to perform Vaser liposuction, having completed his liposuction training in the United States and Argentina. He is the Chairman of the Lipo Peer Review Committee in Singapore and has received dedicated surgical training in gynecomastia surgery in the United States of America.
Having trained to perform liposuction is only the beginning. Dr Ivan Puah believes it is crucial to understand and master the technicalities of the procedure, including the potential complications that may arise. To be meticulous in approach, with a detailed overview and foresight capabilities, are essential must-haves for a doctor.
An advocate of liposuction as not just a bulk fat removal procedure but also a delicate procedure involving 30% Science and 70% Art drives Dr Ivan Puah to develop his unique and proprietary fat removal and body sculpting approach known as the MDC-Sculpt® Lipo technique. It is a multi-dimensional contouring approach customised to an individual's body shape and clinical condition. This allows bulk fat removal and precise sculpting of the treated area, while care is taken to ensure that incision sites and scarring are kept to the bare minimum.
Finding the right doctor with an aesthetic sense is essential in achieving the desired outcome regarding silhouette and true results. A body sculpting procedure is akin to a work of Art in progress. The artist's skill, experience, appreciation and understanding of the body aesthetic separate a masterpiece from an average work.
Amaris B. Clinic has received the recognition as the "2019 Body Sculpting Provider of the Year in Asia-Pacific," "Body Sculpting Medical Center of the Year in Asia Pacific," from 2020 - 2022 and "2020 Integrated Healthcare Medical Centre of the Year in APAC" by GlobalHealth Asia-Pacific.