Anti-wrinkle Injection (BoNTA) is an incob*t*linumtox*A neuro-muscular blocker that inhibits neurotransmitter function. It blocks the transmission of acetylcholine from the neuron to the muscle and therefore impedes muscle contraction. This medicine treats muscle spasms and arm stiffness, severe spasms in the neck muscles, and muscle stiffness in the elbows, wrists, fingers, ankles, or toes.
Cosmetically, it is used :
• To treat frown lines, horizontal forehead lines, crow's feet
• To treat bunny lines (lines beneath the eye)
• To lift brow
• To correct a gummy smile
• To soften an overly square face
• To lift the corners of the mouth
• To redefine the jawline and neck to subtly lift the jowls
• To reduce nasal flare, improve chin dimpling and chin crease
• To reduce fine vertical lines on the upper lips
• To create a wide-eyed look when you smile
• To reduce chest lines and wrinkles
• To treat necklines
It can be mixed with hyaluronic acid (HA) and used in diluted form to reduce sebum production on the face.
This treatment is so versatile that it can also help reduce hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating in the armpits, foreheads, and hands) and treat chronic migraine and headaches, teeth grinding, and jaw clenching.
It is also used to treat Bell's palsy, cervical dystonia, strabismus, crossed eyes, uncontrolled blinking, and an overactive bladder.
Only registered, qualified, and trained medical doctors can administer Anti-wrinkle Injection (BoNTA) in Singapore. An example of incob*t*linumtox*A neuro-muscular blocker available in Singapore is Xeomin.