Dr. Ivan Puah is an ASEAN scholar, having graduated from NUS in 1997. He has undergone postings in various disciplines – General Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Accident & Emergency, Neonatology, Urology, Dermatology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Psychiatry and Family Medicine with a comprehensive experience in surgery and clinical patient care.
In 2004, when aesthetic medicine was still in its infancy, he founded Amaris B. Clinic. Driven by a keen interest to treat a wider and more diversified skin conditions, Dr. Ivan Puah went on to attain a Graduate Diploma in Family Dermatology from NUS and a Diploma in Acupuncture from TCMPB.
Dr. Ivan Puah has more than 20 years of clinical practice. 15 years of which was spent in aesthetic medicine performing FDA-approved injectables, skin lasers and body sculpting procedures. His meticulous and personalised approach has helped ease and alleviates many patients' worries and concerns. Each advice and recommendation given is based on the individual’s needs without compromising their wellbeing.
Dr. Ivan Puah obtained his VASER® Body Sculpting training in Colorado and Argentina. Additionally, he also received training and guidance in syringe liposculpture, fat grafting and thread lift by renowned French plastic surgeon, Dr. Pierre Francois Fournier. He further hone his surgical skill in gynecomastia surgeries in San Francisco under the mentorship of Dr. Miguel Delgrado. In Singapore, Dr. Ivan Puah is accredited by the Ministry of Health to perform surgical body sculpting procedures.
“Integrity is what we do, what we say and what we say we do” is a quote by Don Galer that Dr. Ivan Puah holds on strongly to. He leads by example and volunteers his time with a non-profit organisation for the needy. He also travels overseas to provide medical care and check-ups for underprivileged children and orphans at orphanages.
• Degrees Of Bachelor Of Medicine And Bachelor Of Surgery (M.B.B.S), National University Of Singapore (NUS)
• Graduate Diploma In Family Practice Dermatology, National University Of Singapore (NUS)
• Diploma In Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners Board Singapore (TCMPB)
• Accredited Liposuction Doctor, MOH
• VASER® Certified Physician
• Chairman, Lipo Peer Review Group, Singapore (Current)
• Treasurer, Society of Aesthetic Medicine Singapore (2016 -2018)
• Executive Committee, Society of Aesthetic Medicine Singapore (2008 -2018)
• Appointed Trainer on Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Fillers, Allergan Singapore (2016 -2018)
• Appointed Trainer on Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Fillers, Merz (Current)
• Appointed Trainer on Newton Cog Thread, Venusys Medical (Current)
• Appointed Trainer on PICOCARE Laser, Venusys Medical (Current)
• Singapore Medical Association (SMA)
• Society of Aesthetic Medicine, Singapore (SAM)
• American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, USA (A.A.C.S)
Ronald has been fascinated by the mechanics of the body and developed a sustained confidence in his ability to recognise and resolve musculoskeletal issues.
Following years in Kinesiology and subsequently a lifetime observing human structure and movement, he moved to pursue a career that provided him with the ability to assist in the recovery process of the injured.
Ron has accumulated years of experience in clinical myotherapy and physical therapy. He graduated with an Associate Degree in Physical Therapy from Our Lady of Fatima University in Valenzuela, Philippines in 1999.
Over the years, he has gained valuable clinical knowledge working with Osteopaths and Physiotherapists. He specialises in Soft Tissue Therapy, therapeutic treatment and myotherapy. Ron can treat sports-related injuries as well as common musculoskeletal injuries that are related to postural imbalances and general activity.
He is liked by patients because of his ability to find, isolate and release specific muscle and fascial tensions. Ron will give advice on injury prevention and prescribe relevant exercises that help the patient’s healing process. Being diligent and caring has gained him a strong following and good reputation.
Exactly What Does A Myotherapist Do?
Myotherapist examine, control and take care of myofascial pain, injury and disorder affecting activity and mobility. Myotherapy is used in the precautionary, remedial and rehabilitative stages of treatment to regain and preserve the conventional integrity of the soft tissue framework (muscle , tendons, ligaments as well as fascia) of the body.
"My passion and purpose is to help others live a life pain free, understand their body better, and give them the tools they need to function independent of treatment and external aids. I truly feel that everyone deserves the knowledge to liberate themselves and take their health into their own hands."